Just made these little babies for our upcoming event, and they are delicious!! (I may have tested a couple to see if I got the taste right....).
I substituted Lemon & Orange zest for 8 drops of DoTERRA Lemon essential oil and 16 drops of DoTERRA Wild Orange essential oil. I also didn't have an orange so substituted the Orange Juice for 2 drops of DoTERRA Wild Orange essential oil and some filtered water until I got the right consistency to make the balls sticky.
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- zest of two oranges (or 16 drops of DoTERRA Wild Orange essential oil)
- juice of half an orange
- zest of one lemon (8 drops of DoTERRA Lemon essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine, sticky crumb. Use your hands to press and shape the mixture into balls and place in the fridge to set.
- Eat and enjoy!